Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A wedding and a funeral

This weekend was full of celebration. It started Friday when we had the funeral service for our friend Zac Taylor. It was incredibly hard and so much of me still wonders why this had to happen. There are a lot of things I don't know, but I DO know two things: God is still in control and Zac is in Heaven with Him. If anyone reading this does not know Jesus as your Savior, I pray that you will ask him to take control of your life TODAY! Romans 10:9 says, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Jesus loves all of us so much and wants us to spend eternity with HIm. My friend Zac was 22 years old. So many of us think that we have plenty of time, but the truth is, we are not promised the next breath. We HAVE to be ready and we HAVE to make sure our loved ones are ready! It is our responsibility as Christ followers to GO AND TELL! I am so glad that we have the hope that we WILL see Zac again! I am so excited to see the lives that are already being changed because of his death. I miss him and my heart still breaks for his family and sweet wife Hannah, but I know that God is using this for HIS glory!


As soon as the service ended, we drove to Atlanta for my friend Whitney's wedding. Whitney and I have been friends forever it seems like. In high school, we started calling each other twins, because we had so much in common. Sometimes it's unbelievable the things we have the same. For instance, a few years ago we discovered that we both had a scar on our right leg due to a dog leash...seriously? It is so random sometimes, but I love it! Anyways, Whitney asked me to read a scripture in her wedding and I was overjoyed to do so. While it was pouring rain during the ceremony, it was absolutely stunning. 
                                         
(Exchanging vows by the fireplace)

(so glad mom and dad got to come-I love hanging out with them!)
(My very best friends from High School...such a fun reunion!)
(And I can't forget my hot date:))

We ended up having to get a room last night on the way home because the weather was so bad-so, today has been spent in bed. I am completely worn out physically and emotionally! But so happy to have gotten to celebrate with friends this weekend.

ps. I also got to see my grand dad for a split second this weekend. He called me jenjen as soon as I walked in and told me he loved me. He also starting laughing hysterically when I told him that Jeff was taking a nap. Haha. He's so funny. He makes me smile so big every time I see him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment