Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Getting Ready for Lyla

While I am only 5 1/2 months pregnant, I know that the next few months are going to be extremely busy! We have several weddings to attend back in our home towns, Jeff's brother is graduating, his other brother is getting married, my parents are planning a visit to MS.....it's just crazy! So, this weekend we decided to go ahead and register for some baby things and buy her furniture. I wish anyone could have seen us trying to register for this little girl! I think we walked up and down the aisles about 20 times just trying to figure out what everything was. This was definitely A LOT harder than registering for a wedding! I mean, you know you have to get bottles, but then you have to determine the brand, the size, the angle...It gets pretty complicated! Jeff made us go by the "Must Haves" list that the store gave us, so if you see us registered for shampoo and detergent, that's why:) He was so patient and so interested in everything. I know he is going to be the best dad! I still need to go back and add a few things, but overall, we got a great start! While we were "in town", we decided to go ahead and purchase the furniture we have been eyeing for quite sometime. It is a 3 piece set and the crib turns into a toddler bed and eventually a full size adult bed. We thought this was a smart purchase!
This is the bed and changing table and then we also got the tall 6 drawer dresser in espresso.
It should be here in two weeks along with her bedding and mattress. I cannot wait to start putting her room together:) Lyla's furniture

We are on spring break this week and I cannot begin to express how amazing it feels to be off:) We have been working on the house for the past couple of days and enjoying time with friends, but tomorrow we are leaving for the beach for a little get away! :) This will be our last trip "just us" before Lyla gets here. I am really looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. We had a very similar experience registering! I felt like the worst mom ever because I didn't show up with my pre-researched items of what was best for our little girl. Thankfully I had a good mom friend to call for help, but I've had to do much adjusting on our registry :). Also, can't wait to see pics of your nursery once you get it all put together!

    Enjoy your babymoon vacation!! We are doing something similar soon. Gotta get it in before the little one gets here and changes our lives forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her furniture!! You will LOVE having those drawers under her crib for storage - so nice!!
    Putting together the nursery was one of my most favorite things....I would just go sit in there all the time before Libbi was born and touch everything and fold and refold all her little clothes. (plus, enjoy it while you can, because now her room is always A MESS!! - ha!)
    Registering WAS so hard, because you just don't know what you need. Hopefully you'll get lots of giftcards and then you can stock up on all those things that you find out Lyla likes after she is born :)
    Love you and hope you're feeling good!!

    ReplyDelete