Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Flood

Tuesday night, we had a tremendous rain in Quitman! We woke up yesterday morning to discover that schools were closed and families were having to be evacuated from their homes because the town flooded!!  Our house was fine-no damage..Praise the Lord! However, the Junior High that I work at was completely flooded. They called off school again today, but teachers had to report to take care of our rooms. Since it is getting a lot harder for me to do simple tasks like pick things up off of the floor, I immediately began praying that God wouldn't give me anymore today than He knew I could handle. As soon as I walked in the door this morning, many of my friends met me to tell me that my room had been spared from the water. There were only a few rooms in the whole school that received NO damage and mine was one of them. This is absolutely crazy to me, because my room is at the VERY end of the hall, closest to the door! God DOES answer prayers. SO, today I spent time helping some friends clean out their rooms and I was able to catch up on a few things of my own. Of course, this is still a huge mess because we were right in the middle of 9 weeks exams, and they will have to be made up. They are still trying to determine if we are cleared to have school tomorrow, but it is not looking good. Please continue to pray for the families who had damage to their homes and for the teachers at the junior high who lost a lot of things in their classrooms.

On another note: I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and they assured me everything is looking/sounding good! I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing our little girl's heartbeat! The past two days, I have felt really good (probably because I haven't done that much work and because we are on spring break next week-I cannot wait to be on the beaches of Gulf Shores with my hubby!!! ) For now, I think a nap is calling my name! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment