Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A year and a half later....

About a year and a half ago, my best friend Lindsey left her amazing life in Georgia to surrender to the call of missions in Tanzania, Africa. She and her husband, Nathan, hadn't been there more than a year when they found out that they were expecting a precious little girl! Lindsey had Zoe (which means life) in January of this year.

Lindsey and I have been best friends since 7th grade. We never went to the same high school or even the same college, but we still remained the closest of friends. I cannot possibly explain how much I have missed her DAILY but even more than that, how proud of her I am for being obedient to God's calling for her life. She has literally left behind EVERYTHING to spread the word! While they still have another year and a half to serve, they were allowed a 3 week vacation back to the states and I got to see her yesterday! (I also got to meet her precious daughter for the first time!)

We went to Target since we don't have a target here in Quitman and obviously she doesn't have one in Africa. Since it was a super target, I took the opportunity to grab a starbucks...

                                                                Zoe needed one too:)


We (our friend Adrienne and her beautiful daughter was with us as well)  all did some serious damage in Target! I could hardly shop because I just couldn't put Zoe down! I fell in love immediately!




Once we spent our life savings at Target, we headed over to Panera (Lindsey actually picked...I didn't argue! I am ALWAYS craving Panera!) We were all doing ok emotionally until Lindsey pulled out gifts for Adrienne's daughter Cambell and Lyla. She had picked out some beautiful sweet clothes for both girls and had also brought stuffed animal monkeys back from Africa. (my camera died soon after, so once the other girls post pics, I will also post pics of this precious gift!) Needless to say, I couldn't keep it together any longer. We all started BALLING! I mean, this was quite a scene. A lady sitting near us overheard and offered to take pictures for us.

I love how we all have girls (well, I almost have my girl!) and that we are all one stage above each other. Cambell is a little over a year old, Zoe is about 6 months and then there's pregnant me! It is so awesome to see God recreating a new generation of best friends:) Lyla went crazy yesterday and I just know it was because she sensed her besties near. :) At one point I was holding Zoe and Lyla kept kicking me. I think she wanted so desperately to come out and play!

Anyways, yesterday was an amazing blessing and I am so thankful God gave me the strength to drive 2 hours away to meet these girls for the day. I wouldn't have traded a second of it for anything in the world. Lindsey does have to go back in a week and a half and will finish out this term and will get to come home next Thanksgiving. Please join me in prayer for her and her family as it will be difficult for her to have to leave again. She is so selfless and such an amazing woman of God. I am more than blessed to call her my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment