Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, August 2, 2014

To my 3 year old....

Ok, so clearly I don't have much time to blog these days. I am so behind on so many BIG milestones and just thoughts in general. So, to all my faithful followers, please forgive me:)

Now that it is AUGUST, I would like to recap July. The month of July is always a BIG celebration month for us. Layton celebrated his half birthday (can he really be 6 months old already?! booohoooo!) and Jeff and I celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss. But, this post is not designated to either of those things, but rather another important July event, which happened to be Lyla's 3rd birthday!

This birthday was bitter sweet for me (aren't they all, though?) Besides the fact that my baby is becoming less and less like a "baby" everyday, Lyla has been through a lot this past year. I went back and forth so many times debating whether or not to do the party thing this year. We just moved here and at the time when I started to plan, she hadn't made a ton of friends. In my mommy mind, I didn't want to throw her a bash and have only 2 people show up. Well, after a lot of thinking,  I decided "Ya know what, I am going to throw my baby a party! That would be our gift to her this year. And if it was only us that showed up, she would LOVE it because she would know her mama loved her and wanted her to feel special!" All of this may seem very silly, but for me, it was a big deal. So, the party began in full swing (and guess what?? WAY more than 2 people came. Lyla just has a way of making people fall in love with her!)
Here's a few pictures from her birthday:














































So, Lyla turned 3 and I can't help but look back on this crazy, wonderful year she has had.

My sweet Lyla,
Where do I even begin? I feel like you have changed so much this year. As much as I hate to admit it, you really aren't my baby anymore. You are truly a big girl. This year, you gave up the paci, moved to a big girl bed, potty trained, became a big sister, and moved to a new house. Quite a year for a little girl (and a mommy!-but this isn't about me).  You always make me so proud!

Here are some things I have learned about you this year:
* You need a hug after getting in trouble.
* You love to hug and kiss and cuddle. Physical touch does not come naturally to me, but I am learning  to love it because you love it.
* You love to watch anything having to do with Disney. This year you would become obsessed with princesses and even start to think of yourself as a princess. ( you are!) Your favorite is Ariel.
* You play well by yourself, but you love having someone play with you. You have an amazing imagination and can "talk" on your phone for hours, or "cook" in your kitchen all day. I love to watch you pretend.
* You still love your bear Tootles and have needed him more now than ever.
* You have such an appreciation for things...even the smallest of things. I appreciate that you appreciate.
* Your memory astounds me. You can remember things that happened a year ago!
* You love to sing and dance and are really good at both. You even learned how to flip this year. You love to make up your own songs and can bust a move anytime, any place.
* You love coffee. One of my favorite things is when I make my coffee in the morning, you ask to smell it, then reply with "MMMMMM, coffee"
*Your favorite place to eat is "Hot Donnie's" (Mcdonald's...really, don't ask.)
* When you pray you say "God is great, God is food..." I will be sad the day you don't pray like that anymore. While we are on the subject of praying, you thank God every night for everyone is your family (and you call us by name) You also thank God every night for your new house. You LOVE your new house.
* Everyone loves you. (Not really something I just learned) You make friends fast. People are just drawn to you and you are a social butterfly. (I'll take responsibility for that one)
* You have become more independent and love to help and do things to yourself. (You love to help in the kitchen.) You really like having a choice and a voice.
* You are SO funny. I love hearing what you have to say.
* Every morning you ask me "Did you sleep happy" and return the question by telling me that "I sleep happy". You also tell me every morning that "You dream about giraffes."
* Your favorite foods are cupcakes, PB and J, fruit, yogurt, popsicles, cheetos. But when I ask you what your favorite food is you say "green beans" <-This is what you always cook in your "kitchen".

There are so many things I can say about you, but one thing that hasn't changed is  I love my Lyla. (that's probably a given) But seriously, everything about her makes me smile. She is so full of life and brings so much joy to mine.

So happy birthday Lyla Rae. May this be your best year yet!!!!
Here's a picture from each month of your 2nd year of life. It's crazy how much you have grown!

August

September

October

November 
(first night in your big girl bed)

December

January
(you became a big sister)


February

March

April

May

June


July





                                             


(1 year, 2 years, 3 years)
















No comments:

Post a Comment