Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

It's JULY!

Wow, I have been waiting for this month for 9 long months. In the back of my mind, I was always so sure that Lyla would make her appearance in June, but that was definitely wishful thinking and no longer an option since today is July 1. We went to the doctor this past Monday for our weekly check up. We decided to go ahead and put the bags in the car (and by bags, I mean 3 bags, a laptop, video camera and tri pod, and boppy) because we were SO sure that all of our walking in this incredible heat had helped us make progress. Unfortunately, when we got to the doctor, she informed us that I am still at the same spot we were 3 weeks ago. Knowing that, she gave us two options: We could either wait on Lyla to come on her own (which could still be 3 more weeks and looking at our situation, we could very well still have to induce) OR we could pick a date next week and go ahead and do this thing. We had NO clue what  to do and so we made the decision that we felt like was best for us. Since we live so far away from our parents, I cannot tell you how extremely important it is to have our families here and knowing when she will arrive makes that more possible. So, after literally crying and hugging in room #2, we decided to schedule Miss Lyla's birth for next Wednesday July 6. We will go in on Tuesday the 5th to start the induction and just hang on from there. Monday night was very emotional for me because we KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that next week, we will have a daughter. We had one week to get our stuff together, get the house together and spend these last precious days together. Even as I am writing this, I cannot believe that the week  is almost over. Jeff and I have dated each other every night this week and are planning on at least one more special date Monday night for the 4th. That will be our last night before we become parents and that is so important to me to have that time with him. 

Some new emotions that have taken over me have to do with our dog Diggs. I can only imagine how it will be when we have our second child, and I begin having these feelings about Lyla, but for now, Diggs IS our baby and I know that he is sensing change.  I want so badly for him to know that we still love him and WILL still love him because he is definitely experiencing some emotions!


Lots and lots of presents! hmmm...what can I get into??
Found something!!!
Can you see me mom?
Hmmm...what's this? 
Maybe now they'll notice me!
Trying to escape all this baby talk!

Anything to get attention! Diggs, we still love you so much and I just know you and Lyla are going to be best friends:)


1 comment:

  1. It will definitely be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you both. Good luck!! (and if you wanna know some ways to get things going a little more, send me a message on facebook!) Liz Griffin*

    ReplyDelete