Watch our babies grow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

6 Months


MY MY! Where has the time gone?? My sweet baby girl was 6 months this past Friday. We have been so busy that this is literally the first time I have gotten to sit down and blog. 
Lyla is growing and changing so much everyday! She is such a fun, happy baby!


This month was a big one for our little family. We did a lot of traveling, which meant getting to see a lot of family. 

This month, Lyla got to meet her Nona for the very first time. It was love at first sight:)




She also got to meet many of her aunts and uncles and second cousins. They LOVED playing with her. 
 Lyla and cousin Elizabeth and Aunt Pat

Lyla and cousin Clara (they are only a week apart!)

Lyla and cousin Khoen (me and Steph were pregnant at the same time with these beautiful girls-just like our moms were!)

This month we spent Christmas in Texas. You got to visit your Gigi and Uncle J! They just ADORE you!


We had so much fun watching you open presents...you seemed to like what you got, but in the end, I think you liked the wrapping paper the best!

While we were in Texas, you got to experience your first snow. It was a white Christmas!

We later got to spend New Year's with Gammie and Papa..boy did they spoil you!

One of the sweetest gifts you got this year was a puzzle to share with your best friend Zoe (technically, you have never met, but TRUST ME! You will be best friends!)Such a precious gift from your grandparents!


Gammie and Papa also bought us the baby bullet so we could start making your baby food. I am a little behind on this update and your first actual taste of food came a few days after you turned 6 months! We tried cereal (oatmeal) at first and you made the most sour face and screamed! I took that as a sign that you didn't like it, so on Jan 9, 2012 I made you your first sweet potato. You seemed to really enjoy it!

I was very pleased with how well it turned out and cannot wait to keep making you more healthy baby food:)

A few other highlights from this month: 
You are starting to sit up by yourself more. We only try it on the bed just in case you topple over. 

You can reach for things and bring them to your mouth (which is probably your favorite past time-chewing on things!)

I love to see you reach for me or your DaDa-however, when you reach for me, you usually come out with a big chunk of my hair that you have pulled out. *We are working on that!*

This month, I swear you said your first word DaDa-however, we have not heard you say it again. I have doubted myself, but I still think you said it. Maybe this upcoming month, you will tell it all!

You are SO close to rolling over on your tummy from your back. You have even started sleeping on your side. 

You LOVE to kick your legs. Sometimes I worry that you slam them down so hard on the floor that you are hurting yourself, but you think it is such a fun game to kick and play.

We grow more in love with you everyday little girl! You light up our life!

We LOVE being your mommy and daddy!


Happy 6 months Lyla Rae!


No comments:

Post a Comment